It really wasn’t that long ago that I chronicled my story using the steak and eggs diet for fat loss. While I had my ups and downs (a lot of downs, actually) I still managed to shed a ton of bloat and went from a 35” waist to 31 ¾” in just 8 weeks.
And truth be told, it was far from my most successful turn on the diet.
So even though I’d had better results in the past, I was pleased. But my blog was still brand new and, for the most part, my diet series went unnoticed.
Over time though, my articles started rising in the search rankings. More and more people began finding their way to my site and saw my results. Real results. Not those doctored up photos taken in contrast lighting. I didn’t shave, tan, or oil up for these pictures . . . so my apologies to those who were expecting something more akin to Men’s Health.
This was just my natural hairy self, in my bathroom, using my cell phone camera. With pics cropped a little too low for PG. It wasn’t pretty, but it wasn’t fake either.
Sure enough, people started to respond.
First, I began to get comments with questions. Then emails with questions. Soon, I was getting emails and comments from people who had started the diet and wanted to share their results.
Here are a few choice comments I’ve received . . .
From Maryanne: “Hi Trevor I was researching the Steak and Egg diet on the web and came across your blog! After all the information I had read about the diet, your comments were the ones that made me decide to try it! Why because I like the way you write and you made me laugh. I have now been on the diet for 4 days AND lost 4 pounds!! Delighted and still loving my steak and eggs and since it is the weekend just cracked opened a bottle of red wine! Thank you and keep up the great blogs ”
From Don: “Hey bro! I’m currently on week 4 of this challenge and seem to be losing a quarter inch every week.”
From Hail: “Just an update….and thank you for all your advise….started on 1 May and to day 21 June 2013 have gone from a size 16 to a size 12 (comfortable). Not much weight lose (89 to 76) but lots of centimetres….thank you once again….”
And be sure to read all the comments from “jonnieveal.” That guy is entertaining and cool as hell . . . and fucking crazy too. I love it!
But if you pay attention to all the comments, you’ll notice a theme . . . lots of people starting, no one finishing. To be fair, people are always more prone to comment at the start of something while their motivation is still high. So I can’t say for sure that no one has completed the diet.
Nevertheless, this diet is fucking hard. As effective as it is, few people will ever see it through more than a few weeks. And it got me wondering . . .
Can anybody actually finish this diet?
Then it happened . . .
My first success story. Complete with pictures. Here’s how it transpired . . .
From Banjo: “Hi Trevor,
I was inspired with your work and I’d like to thank you that it worked for me big time. I was extremely skeptical at the beginning because of the amount of butter and egg that I had to consume. But then I realised two things:
– What have I got to lose? I’ll just go ahead anyway.
– Do more research if it IS safe…. what you don’t know will cause you trouble.
And in the end… I found out my answers. Unbiased research helped me gain the knowledge I required and I’m happy that I’ve dropped my waistline from 32-29.5 and still at the ideal weight… I’m happy to share you the results.”
And he did.
So here, in his own words, is Banjo’s story of success. And as I’m sure you’ve already guessed, the picture up top is proof of his tale . . .
“STEAK AND EGG? DOES IT FUCKEN REALLY WORK?!?!?!?!! Banjo, you’re full of SHIT
So I’ve been hiding for a 8-9 weeks and have been promoting my diet… I have had A LOT of skeptics ( and haters too) that its NOT going to work… or its unhealthy or… I shouldn’t be doing it… I decided at the time “FUCK IT, I’LL JUST DO IT”… “What do I have to lose???” In all honesty, I was EXTREMELY skeptical as well that its IMPOSSIBLE to work especially I’ll have to consume A LOT of steak cooked in TONS of butter and 3-5 eggs in one meal?! I said “WHAT THE FUCK?”… I learned from school that Egg’s alone is BAD for you if you consume more than one!!@#!@#! I asked myself… fuck I’ve tried EVERYTHING… I’ve tried six small meals… I FAILED horribly (first photo) …. I’ve tried Hydroxycut and ALL the fat burning shit you could think of… I FUCKEN FAILED.. and waste at least 150$ a month!!! duh?!
Reality kicked in:
1. My cousin, Dan, was RIGHT. He’s the one that introduced me to Ketosis a LOOOOONG time ago and I ignored it. He’s cut as fuck so HE MUST BE RIGHT.
2. Genetics. Not everyone is the same. (Vince Gironda).
Please be mindful that:
1. I work 50-60 hours a week because of my profession.
2. I have a lot of hobbies… A LOT…. (DO EPIC SHIT)
3. I have a kid, so obviously, I need to have a daddy daughter time.
4. My sleeping pattern is off because of #1
5. I do a LOT of project work in the evening. I’m like a BAT.
What did I do differently?
1. Heavily reduce my drinking to 95% – Yes, I am KNOWN to be a binge drinker. But I still DRINK once in a while and I get drunk QUICK! (wohoo cheap night)
2. Stop the protein shake. (Calorie Deficit)
3. Stay on the same regime and introduce ‘some form of cardio’… I do cardio, I have NO particular schedule… I just make sure I do either for an hour 2x-3x/wk: Swim, Crosstrainer or Spincycling)
4. I never changed my weight training (2x-3x a week), its still random same weights until now. But I made sure… I do upper or lower body. I don’t want to look like a BASEBALL BAT.
5. Take multi vitamins, vit c, vit e and omega 3-6-9… cheaper than bloody 100$ protein shake + fat burning pill every month! (David Wilky is my reminder guy)
6. CARB load on sat! Honestly, I look forward to weekends… cause I can eat anything and get to hang out more with my daughter…
7. Drink A LOT OF WATER. (Get yourself a camelbak thinggy, and leave it at your work)
End result? What did Learn?
1. I’ve dropped from +/-12 body fat (I think really I was 15%) to +/- 9%.
2. I have WAAAAAAAAAAY more energy NOW and I feel EXTREMELY positive all the time.
3. Self Actualization. I’ve always wanted to be like this since I was 16
4. I’m -2% away from my main goal. 6-7% body fat.
5. I felt so much younger than when I was 16.
6. I save money… A LOT. Than spending 15$ @ KFC/per meal for Dinner for two (nom nom nom)
7. Look forward MORE for the weekend! SERIOUSLY.
8. All my levels are PERFECT. Heart rate, Blood Pressure, Ideal weight, Cholesterol Levels.
9. Don’t give a fuck about your weight too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before I was 67-68kgs (first photo) and 64kg-65kg from the ‘mid’ until NOW. I’m yoyo-ing between 64-65 but I’m still losing fat. I think whats happening now is: Lost enormous water retention, gained mass, still losing fat.
10. I should’ve added a cup of salad in my meals for fibre. (Keto friendly ones)
I’m extremely busy (almost like a doctor really) but I still made it happened. If you think you can’t do it, kindly consider ME first, how I started and what I’m doing now. My ‘window’ for free time is quite short and unpredictable but I made it anyway and did one simple thing:
I CHOSE TO REACH MY GOAL and STICK TO THE MOTHER FUCKEN PLAN.
P.S. If I can, you can.”
Just plain AWESOME Banjo! And a big ‘ol motherfuckin’ thank you for sharing!
Next Up? YOUR Story . . .
That’s right. I’m looking for a few good stories to feature in upcoming blog posts. Surely there must be more of you out there, right? Or is Banjo the only one that’s seen this bitch of a diet through to the end?
Please prove otherwise . . . if you’ve given this diet a shot and were impressed with your results, then hit me up. Don’t let this be the only steak and eggs success story ever featured. I’m counting on you . . .
Here’s what I’m looking for:
- Real results . . . with pictures to prove it.
- Your weight loss history, including your struggles with weight gain, past diets and their successes or failures, and why you decided to give steak and eggs a go.
- Detail. Detail. Detail. Tell me about your diet, how strictly you follow the protocol, how long you’ve been on it, and any workout plan you’re following. Detail any difficulties you’ve had sticking with the diet, how your energy levels have responded, how your health appears to be affected. The more details the better.
- Anything else you feel is important to share. Anything . . .
This is your story . . . tell it well.